Toubkal Winter Climb 5 days
Itinerary Day per Day:
Day 1: Marrakech – Imlil.We meet you at your hotel / Riad in Marrakech at 9am, the driver will be there at 8.30am, driving will take 1h30mn from Marrakech to Imlil Valley.
Arrive to Imlil and have some mint tea in our Riad Jnane IMlil and do your check in , Then we start our first day trek to Tizi Mzik Pass ( 2400m) have lunch there and ouvernight at RIDA Jnane Imlil.
Day 2: Imlil – Chamharouch – Toubkal Refuge.Begin our second day at 8 :00 am, to cross Imlil valley and the largest village in the atlas mountains, Around at (2000m) then we overlooking on the juniper forest in the way up to Sidi Chamharouch marabout. we have lunch there and do a short visit of the small market and we take a look about the heaving in the middle of the mountains .
The rhythm of the walk will change to be slow of snow raison. and we will be in team spirit for the rest of the trail to the refuge step by step.
then in the last 3 ours we will be in the mountain hut of Toubkal.
We have a hot drink and same cake and take shower when the dinner prepar. overnight in The Refuge
Day 3: Toubkal Refuge – Jebel Ouankerim.We wake up early to climb Jebel Ouankerim, starting with a nice walk up to the valley head to the Tizi Ouagane pass then through the summit’s ridge at 4088m. From the top, the views of Toubkal and the surrounding mountains are spectacular. In the late morning/early afternoon we start our descent back to the refuge for a well-deserved hot drink and a relaxing afternoon. 6 hours walking.
Day 4: Toubkal Refuge – Mount ToubkalToday we have another early start, this time for the ascent of Toubkal. The walk starts immediately climbing steeply through scree and snow before traversing the hard Step of Tizi N Toubkal (4000m). It is here that we are rewarded with the best views. And the best moment of today is the sunrise from the summit . we will have some snack in the top of Toubkal and enjying the best views in North Africa . We descend by the same route and should be back to the refuge in time for a late lunch.
Day 5: Toubkal Refuge – Imlil – MarrakechToday we head down to imlil valley and we will stop in Chamharouch place for the lunch under the genneper trees. Than we keep walking down until the center of Ait Maizane Valley have a mint the in Riad Jnane Imlil then Transfer to Marrakech. 5 hours walk ( easy walk )
Price: Under Request / person.
- English speaking guide.
- All meals.
- All Nights at the refuge s
- Mule & Portters to carry your staff.
- Transfer from & to Marrakech.
- Travel insurance
- Own Expenses
Before To Go!
- To do this trek, you should be in good physical conditions, but efforts will be rewarded.
- Good walking shoes are mandatory, Sleeping bag.
- To confirm this Trek you need a deposit of 15% before you start and 85% at the start time.
- Payment: Cash
Duration: 5days of walking.
Period: from March to November
Travel: on foot.
Accommodation: Berber House.
Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
- Portage: For walkers a small backpack for the day’s belongings. Mules are available for carrying luggage.
- Supervision: By a French speaking Moroccan mountain guide assisted by a cook and muleteers.
- Accommodation: Riad Atlas Imlil, Bivouac in a 2-person tent with mattresses, lodgings during the hike.
- Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
- Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
- Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
List of equipment to bring back: The weight of your luggage must be limited and contain all of your belongings. A flexible travel bag with side openings or a rucksack without frame, do not bring back rigid bags and suitcases.
- The list:
- A sleeping bag (warm for winter)
- A small backpack for the day.
- A pair of light walking shoes that hold the ankle well.
- A spare pair of shoes and a pair of sandals.
- Loose pants for walking
- A sweater or fleece (from October to March) and a lighter one to wear underneath.
- A mountain jacket & waterproof jacket & pant
- A change of clothes.
- A flashlight + spare battery.
- A gourd.
- Sunglasses …