Roses Valley Trek 6 days From Marrakech
Detail about the package
Discover the Valley of the Roses, a magnificent green setting surrounded by the ocher and red rocks of the immense desert plateaus. Departing from our comfortable and authentic ecolodge, you will explore this amazing massif, undoubtedly the most beautiful of all the great Moroccan south, to discover the small villages, where the Berbers are busy, in the fields, cultivating their plots. Of land enclosed by hedges of rose bushes.
Services Not Included:
Marrakech – Ouarzazate – Dades Valley – Ait Youl
Early morning departure from Marrakech by minibus via the Tichka pass at 2260m, the highest road pass in Morocco: grandiose landscapes of the snow-capped the High Atlas. Descent of the southern slope to Ouarzazate. Lunch break. We then enter the beautiful and wide valley of Dades: its green fields, abundant water at hand, its casbahs, its palm groves. Meeting with our team of muleteers. Night in a lodge in AïtYoul. 5 hour transfer.
Ait Youl – Tizi Mglouna – Ouzighimt – Igherm
Our day of walking begins through the fields; then we approach the high dry and arid plateau of Tizit Mglouna (2000 m) (provide water), picnic on the way, while the mules follow us quietly to the village of Tizguine. Wonderful discovery of the Ouzighimt valley, well irrigated; authentic architecture and meeting with the population. We camp for the night near the village of Ighrem, at 1700m.
Climb elevation: 300 m
Igherm – Issoumar – Mgoun Valley – Alemdoun
We go up the valley through the village of Issoumar and do not hesitate to cross the river on foot several times (provide tennis or plastic sandals). Holm oaks and red juniper trees line the mountain path; further on it is the earth which declines its shades of red and ocher. We end the day with the Alemdoun plateau, at 1750m, then descend to the village.
Climb elevation: 200 m
Alemdoun – Assif Qati – Agouti – Boutghrar ( Roses valley center)
At the foot of the 4000m of the famous M’Goun chain, we take the path of the beautiful valley of Assif Qati, the famous valley of oleanders. We pass through gorges and crossing the fresh water of the river. Little by little the valley widens and we reach the villages, such as Agouti Fougani, Agouti Tahtani, El Hot then Aznag, Berber architecture and old Kasbahs back to 15th Century, a superb hike through gardens, fields of fruit trees and beautiful adobe houses. Finally opens before us the valley of roses where we stop for the lunch break. We will take 5 hours of quiet walk to the evening camp, in the village of Boutaghar at 1600m.
Boutaghrar – Hdida – Taberkhacht
In the heart of the wonderful Valley of Roses, we also approach the Kasbahs. Then, we cross the river again, in the bed where is wider. In the event of too much water recession (February-March) we will follow the path trail. Lunch in Hdida is nice little civilization in the bed of roses valley, visit the village and keep hiking down to Taberkhacht village where our camp will be settled.
Taberkhacht – Kelaat Mgouna – Ait Benhaddou – Tichka Pass – Marrakech
Early morning we meet the vehicles. Cross Kelaat Mgouna the roses Capital, then after 1.5hrs arrive to Ait Benhaddou, one of the oldest villages in the southeast of Morocco.We walk throught the village visit one of the Kasbahs and back for lunch in the center of the town. After lunch we gonna drive back to Marrakech. Arrive to Marrakech after 8hrs drive.
- 2 nights in a cottage or at the inhabitant’s
- English speaking guide.
- Full board during the trek.
- Tents, 2 pax per tent.
- Comfortable mattress per person.
- Mules to carry your luggage.
- Services of a Berber cook.
- Berber entertainment and folklore (in Boutghrare)
- Travel insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips for the local team
- The drinks.
Maps & Informations
- Portage: For walkers a small backpack for the day’s belongings. Mules are available for carrying luggage.
- Supervision: By a French speaking Moroccan mountain guide assisted by a cook and muleteers.
- Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
- Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
- Supervision: Berber guide speaking English, cook, Muleters.
Accommodation: Camping & Guest Houses
- The list:
- A sleeping bag (warm for winter)
- A small backpack for the day.
- A pair of light walking shoes that hold the ankle well.
- A spare pair of shoes and a pair of sandals.
- Loose pants for walking
- A sweater or fleece (from October to March) and a lighter one to wear underneath.
- A mountain jacket & waterproof jacket & pant
- A change of clothes.
- A flashlight + spare battery.
- A gourd.
- Sunglasses …
- To do this trek, you should be in good physical conditions, but efforts will be rewarded.
- Good walking shoes are mandatory, Sleeping bag.
- To confirm this Trek you need a deposit of 15% before you start and 85% at the start time.
- Payment: Cash