Camel Trek in Zagora Desert 6days
Detail about the package
Camel Trek in Zagora Desert 6days
This camel trek in the Zagora region opens up to all forms of desert between the tapered dunes, the rocks blackened by the scorching of the sun, the ergs and the shaded of acacias, the canyons widening out on magnificent panoramas overlooking the Draâ valley …
Immersion in this nearby desert makes it possible to make a break in a few days with our habits of life to find the immense spaces of the desert and the starry nights where silence remains.
Services Not Included:
Marrakech – Zagora – Elfayja – Aferdou
After breakfast, we take the road through the Tichka pass, Then to T pass and the beautiful Draa valley, rich in its green ribbon of date palms; we reach the gateway to the desert in Zagora. The southern slopes lead us to the foot of the FoumLâachar pass. Meet with our camel team who will take care of your luggage, and a picnic will be carefully prepared before going up to the pass. Crossing the first regions of Jebel Bani, bivouac near a well in the oasis of Aferdou.
4h drive + 3h walk.
Aferdou – Ouad Lmahacer
After breakfast we set off in the footsteps of our camel caravan through the small oasis of Hassi Diabi (jackal well) to stock up on water. We then take a path through the gorges of Oued Mhasser and its Gueltas (resurgences). Bivouac after Amda n’oumssafi.
Ouad Lmahacer – Erg Bougern
The day begins on the reg of the right bank of Oued M’hasser, the ocher bottom of the plateau announces the approach of the sand. We are Crossing the old Paris-Dakar track, meet with our camels for the lunch break near the Oasis of M’Laalg. In the afternoon we descend the valley of thirst to our bivouac between the dunes.
6 hours of walking.
Erg Bougern – Ouad Naam
Direction due east, beautiful day begins with a walk in the dunes then the plateaus strewn with tamarisk and small dunes, a real feast for the eyes and photo lovers; immersion in a very beautiful dune area. Bivouac in Ouad Naam.
5h 30 min walk.
Ouad Naam – Oulad Driss
We explore the large Saharan expanses with a mixture of dunes, the Tamarises trees, with a plunging view limited by the mountain barrier of Jbel Bani, lunch during the walk, we end our beautiful adventure in the village of Oulad Driss, overnight at the camp .
6h 30min walk.
Oulad Driss – Zagora – Marrakech
We collect our transport and return to Marrakech, we continue the road along the Dràa valley passing through the city of Zagora. Then we head to Ouarzazat, arriving in the early afternoon we have Lunch and visit Ait Benhaddou and Back to Marrakech later in the evening, settling in and overnight at the hotel.
- English speaking guide.
- Full board during the trek.
- Tents, 2 pax per tent.
- Comfortable mattress per person.
- Camels to carry your luggage.
- Services of a Berber cook.
- Travel insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips for the local team
- The drinks.
Maps & Informations
- Portage: For walkers a small backpack for the day’s belongings. Mules or Camels are available for carrying luggage.
- Supervision: By a French speaking Moroccan mountain guide assisted by a cook and muleteers.
- Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
- Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
- Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
Accommodation: Camping and Local Houses
- The list:
- A sleeping bag (warm for winter)
- A small backpack for the day.
- A pair of light walking shoes that hold the ankle well.
- A spare pair of shoes and a pair of sandals.
- Loose pants for walking
- A sweater or fleece (from October to March) and a lighter one to wear underneath.
- A mountain jacket & waterproof jacket & pant
- A change of clothes.
- A flashlight + spare battery.
- A gourd.
- Sunglasses …
- To do this trek, you should be in good physical conditions, but efforts will be rewarded.
- Good walking shoes are mandatory, Sleeping bag.
- To confirm this Trek you need a deposit of 15% before you start and 85% at the start time.
- Payment: Cash