Berber villages Trek 3 days
tinerary Day per Day:
Day 1: Marrakech – Imlil/ High Atlas Mountains (1740m)– Tizi Mzik (2684m)-Tamsoulte waterfalls (2300m) Tizi Oussem village (1850m).
After breakfast in Marrakech, pick up & drive towards the high Atlas Mountains via Tahnnaout, Oued Ghighaya & Asni, enjoy the stunning view of the villages along with the valet.
Arrival to Imlil (65km from Marrakech), meet the guide & muleteer and then start the trek & climb Tizi Mzik pass (2684m), spectacular view over Imlil valley & Toubkal Summit, continue to Tamsoulte to visit the highest waterfalls in the Atlas Mountains (100m of hight), down the Azzaden valley through juniper forest to get to Tizi Oussem village.
Overnight at the Guesthouse in the village. 6hrs walking.
Day 2: Tizi Oussem (1850m) – Id Issa village (1800m) – Tizi Oudid (2000m) – Mattat – Agersioual – Tineghrine
After breakfast, enjoy the sunshine on this colorful valley & its marvelous typical Berber villages, leave Tizi Oussem & continue down to Id Issa village, before heading up to Tizi Oudid mountain pass (2000m), cross matat village after a wild thurifer juniper forest, get lunch under walnut groves and relax near the river. then up to the Tizi ‘n Ageursiwal (2000m), Walk down to Imnane Valley spend the night in the Berber House.
Day 3: Imnane valley – Tizi n Tamatert pass 2276m – Imlil Valley – Marrakech
After Breakfast we start our step climbing to head to Tizi n Tamatert, Arrival to the Mountain-pass have a mint tea, then have a break, and climb Asaouel Peak 2700m, later you will back to Lunch in the pass.
Then walk down to Imlil, 6hrs walking. In the end of the afternoon transfer to Marrakech.
Price: from 230 € / person.
- English speaking guide.
- All meals.
- Berber House.
- Mule to carry your staff.
- Transfer from & to Marrakech.
- Travel insurance
- Own Expenses
Before To Go!
- To do this trek, you should be in good physical conditions, but efforts will be rewarded.
- Good walking shoes are mandatory, Sleeping bag.
- To confirm this Trek you need a deposit of 15% before you start and 85% at the start time.
- Payment: Cash
Duration: 3 days of walking.
Period: from March to November
Travel: on foot.
Accommodation: Berber House.
Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
- Portage: For walkers a small backpack for the day’s belongings. Mules are available for carrying luggage.
- Supervision: By a French speaking Moroccan mountain guide assisted by a cook and muleteers.
- Accommodation: Riad Atlas Imlil, Bivouac in a 2-person tent with mattresses, lodgings during the hike.
- Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
- Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
- Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
List of equipment to bring back: The weight of your luggage must be limited and contain all of your belongings. A flexible travel bag with side openings or a rucksack without frame, do not bring back rigid bags and suitcases.
- The list:
- A sleeping bag (warm for winter)
- A small backpack for the day.
- A pair of light walking shoes that hold the ankle well.
- A spare pair of shoes and a pair of sandals.
- Loose pants for walking
- A sweater or fleece (from October to March) and a lighter one to wear underneath.
- A mountain jacket & waterproof jacket & pant
- A change of clothes.
- A flashlight + spare battery.
- A gourd.
- Sunglasses …