The secrets of Anti Atlas Mountains - Siroua Massif
Detail about the package
The secrets of Anti Atlas Mountains on Foot
Jebel Sirwa, or Siroua, Adrar Sirwa or even Adrar n’Siroua, a link between the High Atlas and the Anti-Atlas, is a high and very vast dismantled volcano from which emerge singularly dykes and bases of black lava. Siroua is in fact an ancient volcano of late Miocene-Early Pliocene age. Then, the valleys farmed with Saffran, and also walnuts and almonds.
Services Not Included:
Marrakech – Tizi n’Test – Taliouine – Tamalkout
Departure in the morning for the southern slope of the Atlas. Transfer to the village of Tamalakout (4 hours drive). Traditional welcome with our Berber host in Tamlakout (1650 m). Small walk around the village at the end of the afternoon.
Maps & Informations
- Portage: For walkers a small backpack for the day’s belongings. Mules or Camels are available for carrying luggage.
- Supervision: By a French speaking Moroccan mountain guide assisted by a cook and muleteers.
- Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
- Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
- Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
Accommodation: Camping and Local Houses
- The list:
- A sleeping bag (warm for winter)
- A small backpack for the day.
- A pair of light walking shoes that hold the ankle well.
- A spare pair of shoes and a pair of sandals.
- Loose pants for walking
- A sweater or fleece (from October to March) and a lighter one to wear underneath.
- A mountain jacket & waterproof jacket & pant
- A change of clothes.
- A flashlight + spare battery.
- A gourd.
- Sunglasses …
- To do this trek, you should be in good physical conditions, but efforts will be rewarded.
- Good walking shoes are mandatory, Sleeping bag.
- To confirm this Trek you need a deposit of 15% before you start and 85% at the start time.
- Payment: Cash