Private overnight Trek High Atlas Mountains package is one of the shortest tours in the Atlas Mountains. One time! If you want to enjoy your holidays away from the nosy city of Marrakech, that will take 1.5 hrs. heading the south west of the Red City. First, you will enjoy the Berber Villages and The magic views of the snowy Atlas Mountains.
Secondly! Imlil Valley is one of the popular areas to hike and to learn about the Berber history, M’Zik Village has many different Berber Houses, the architectures looks amazing from village to another village.
Itinerary Day per Day:
Day 1 : Marrakech – Tahenaout – Asni – Imlil
First! Departure by car from Marrakech around 9am in the morning for 1h30 hour drive south up the Moulay Brahim Gorges, Asni weekly market every saturday then to Imlil (1740m), set in the upper level foothills of the Western High Atlas mountains, a main trailhead with streams and paths branching out in all directions.
Secondly! Here we shall leave our vehicle to take a welcome glass of mint tea in the village and meet your local guide prior to setting out for some 10km excursion.
Then ! start your hike towards the south to the Berber village of Aroumd (1843m). You will enjoy your walk throuth the bereber villages and have lunch outside in the valley, back to the Riad to have the night.
Day 2: Imlil – Berber Villages – Marrakech
we set out today towards the east; journeying up winding mule tracks to the Tizi n’ Tamaterte (2279m) to enjoy the amazing panorama of the surrounding Atlas mountain range peaks and valleys. But! on our way to our Lunch spot on the tizi n’tamaterte , overlooking jebel oukaimeden and the beautiful encircled plateau.
Next! After lunch set of following the path down back the Imlil valley until we reach your car back to Marrakech. 4 hours walking.
Finally! this itinerary could change it on the spot before you start your hike.
Price: from 100 € / person.
- English speaking guide.
- All meals.
- Riad Atlas Imlil.
- Mule to carry your staff.
- Transfer from & to Marrakech.
- Travel insurance
- Own Expenses
Before To Go!
- To do this trek, you should be in good physical conditions, but efforts will be rewarded.
- Good walking shoes are mandatory, Sleeping bag.
- To confirm this Trek you need a deposit of 15% before you start and 85% at the start time.
- Payment: Cash
Duration: 2 days of walking.
Period: All Year
Travel: on foot.
Accommodation: Berber House.
Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
- Portage: For walkers a small backpack for the day’s belongings. Mules are available for carrying luggage.
- Supervision: By a French speaking Moroccan mountain guide assisted by a cook and muleteers.
- Accommodation: Riad Atlas Imlil, Bivouac in a 2-person tent with mattresses, lodgings during the hike.
- Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
- Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
- Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
List of equipment to bring back: The weight of your luggage must be limited and contain all of your belongings. A flexible travel bag with side openings or a rucksack without frame, do not bring back rigid bags and suitcases.
- The list:
- A sleeping bag (warm for winter)
- A small backpack for the day.
- A pair of light walking shoes that hold the ankle well.
- A spare pair of shoes and a pair of sandals.
- Loose pants for walking
- A sweater or fleece (from October to March) and a lighter one to wear underneath.
- A mountain jacket & waterproof jacket & pant
- A change of clothes.
- A flashlight + spare battery.
- A gourd.
- Sunglasses …