Jbel Saghro Discovery - Nomads Hike 6 Days
Detail about the package
Jbel Saghro Discovery – Nomads Hike 6 Days
N’Kob is located in Jbel Saghro, a very inaccessible and rural region par excellence, with a population of around 68,000 inhabitants, with only two large towns located on the only major and tarred road: N’Kob and Tazzarine , villages of stones and adobe, where ingenious irrigation systems allow the cultivation of wheat, barley, vegetables and fruit trees (almond, walnut and some peach trees).
Country of the Aït Atta (or Hatta), sheep and goat breeders who change pastures once or twice a month to practice transhumance, especially in the summer when they leave these mineral lands transformed into a burning desert, to go north and stay in khaïma, traditional nomadic tents, made of thin goat hair strips.
Services Not Included:
Marrakech – Ouarzazate Draa Valley -Hannedour 1150 m
Day of transfer to the starting point of the hike, we leave Marrakech due south through the Tichka, join the southern slope of the high atlas, then Ouarzazate, beautiful city at the door of the desert, after the lunch meal we leave for the valley Draa sprinkled with Ksours and palm grove oases to end our day in the Handour oasis just before sunset, camping in a quiet environment in front of a beautiful village, a magical place. Or night at the Gite 7 hours drive approximately 340 km
Maps & Informations
- Portage: For walkers a small backpack for the day’s belongings. Mules or Camels are available for carrying luggage.
- Supervision: By a French speaking Moroccan mountain guide assisted by a cook and muleteers.
- Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
- Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
- Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
Accommodation: Camping and Local Houses
- The list:
- A sleeping bag (warm for winter)
- A small backpack for the day.
- A pair of light walking shoes that hold the ankle well.
- A spare pair of shoes and a pair of sandals.
- Loose pants for walking
- A sweater or fleece (from October to March) and a lighter one to wear underneath.
- A mountain jacket & waterproof jacket & pant
- A change of clothes.
- A flashlight + spare battery.
- A gourd.
- Sunglasses …
- To do this trek, you should be in good physical conditions, but efforts will be rewarded.
- Good walking shoes are mandatory, Sleeping bag.
- To confirm this Trek you need a deposit of 15% before you start and 85% at the start time.
- Payment: Cash