Berber Villages & Toubkal Ascent 6 days The trek continues...Read More
Berber Villages & Toubkal Ascent 6 days
The trek continues up to Tacheddirt pass (3200 m) offering a view over the majority of the Atlas summits. The adjacent village of the same name lies in the heart of Imnane valley where most of the trekking routes start. It leads over the Tizi Mzik (2500 m) and Toubkal National park with the Tamsoult waterfalls. The hike up the highest North African peak is just a cherry on top and a nice ending to the whole trek.
Itinerary Day per Day:
Day 1 :Marrakech – Imi Oughlad (1400m) – Tiz n’Techt (2100m) – Tizi Oussem (1750m):
Awaking early and refreshed, after an early breakfast we leave bustling Marrakech in our own private transport for a 1.5hr journey to Imi Oughlad, a small Berber village where we meet our cook, muleteers and mules.
Then, they will accompany us on our adventure which really starts here, at the gateway to the High Atlas Mountains and surrounding valleys. We trek over our first mountain pass, Tizi n’Techt into the adjoining Eastern Valley.
After a couple of hours steady ascent we summit the pass and enjoy our first Moroccan trek lunch and continue South, passing through 3 villages and exploring this fantastic, less visted valley to Tizi Oussem, a small village, where we rest overnight in our first traditional gite. 5 hours trek
Day 2: Tizi Oussem village (1800m) – M’zik pass (2500m) – Armed village(1800m):
The next morning we continue up this valley to enjoying marvellous views of remote shepherd homesteads & arrive at the head of the valley to witness fantastic waterfalls (the Casdades d’Irhoulidene) beyond the last gite in the valley., where we enjoy a well break.
Next, We return part way down the valley & steadily ascend up to another moutain pass, Tizi h’Mzik (2,489m), benefitting from fantastic views where we cross back over into the main Asni Valley, and descend down towards Imlil ( another Berber village) with views across to Jebel (Mount) Oukiemaden and its surrounding peaks.
Later, We reach the village of Around and enjoy a well eraned meal and night’s rest. 5 hours trek.
Day 3: Armed village(1800m) – Sidi Chamharouch Shrine – Toubkal Refuge (3200m):
We trek up from Around (1,800m), crossing the valley floor and ascending the valley side, arriving at Sidi Chamharouch for 11’s, traditional Berber Whisky- (Mint Tea) (2,350m). Refreshed, we continue ascending along a new, hanging valley and after a couple of hours catch our first glimpse of our target, the Neltner Mountain Refuge at 3,207m. This is our ‘Base Camp’ for the next 3 nights. 5 hours trek
Day 4: Toubkal Refuge(3200m) – Toubkal summit (4167m) – Armed(1800m):
Summit Day! WE take an early breakfast and set off on our ‘Summit Day’ Jebel Toubkal- 4, 167m. It’s an easy start, we need to ascend the steep main valley side, but taking it nice and easy.
The ground levels out somewhat, and we continue our gradual ascent.. After about 4 hours we make it! What a feeling, and what magnificent views!! After due celebrations, and well take rest and picnic we return to Base Camp then trek back down via Sidi Chamharouch to Around.
Time for a hot shower, rest, and reflection on a job well done, a celebratory meal and chat. 8 hours trek
Day 5: Armed(1800m) – Tamatert pass (2280m) – Tineghrine (1600m):
After breakfast we leave Armed walking down to Imlil, then We trek over Tamatert pass to Imnane valley. From here there are incredible panoramas across the High Atlas at every turn. Slowly descend to Imnan valley. Overnight in local Gite at Tinerhourhine village. 5 hours trek.
Day 6: Tineghrin (1600m) – Tizi Nlbour (1500m) – Imi Oughlad (1400m) – Marrakech:
After breakfast we walk down following Imnane Valley. And passing through several Berber villages Ikkis, Amssakrou and Imsker. We trek over a small pass Tizi n’lbour to reach Imi Oughlad. After lunch we continue on by private vehicle to your hotel in Marrakech. A good nights rest. 6 hours trek.
Price: from 700 € / person.
Berber Villages ; Toubkal Ascent 6 days; Berber Villages & Toubkal Ascent 6 days;
Toubkal Ascent 6 days;
Toubkal Ascent 6 days
- English speaking guide.
- All meals.
- Berber House.
- Mule to carry your staff.
- Transfer from & to Marrakech.
- Travel insurance
- Own Expenses
Before To Go!
- To do this trek, you should be in good physical conditions, but efforts will be rewarded.
- Good walking shoes are mandatory, Sleeping bag.
- To confirm this Trek you need a deposit of 15% before you start and 85% at the start time.
- Payment: Cash
Duration:6 days of walking.
Period: from March to November
Travel: on foot.
Accommodation: Berber House.
Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
- Portage: For walkers a small backpack for the day’s belongings. Mules are available for carrying luggage.
- Supervision: By a French speaking Moroccan mountain guide assisted by a cook and muleteers.
- Accommodation: Riad Atlas Imlil, Bivouac in a 2-person tent with mattresses, lodgings during the hike.
- Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
- Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
- Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
List of equipment to bring back: The weight of your luggage must be limited and contain all of your belongings. A flexible travel bag with side openings or a rucksack without frame, do not bring back rigid bags and suitcases.
- The list:
- A sleeping bag (warm for winter)
- A small backpack for the day.
- A pair of light walking shoes that hold the ankle well.
- A spare pair of shoes and a pair of sandals.
- Loose pants for walking
- A sweater or fleece (from October to March) and a lighter one to wear underneath.
- A mountain jacket & waterproof jacket & pant
- A change of clothes.
- A flashlight + spare battery.
- A gourd.
- Sunglasses …