Itinerary Day per Day:
Day 1: Marrakech – Imlil/ High Atlas Mountains (1740m)– Tizi Mzik (2684m)-Tamsoulte waterfalls (2300m) Tizi Oussem village (1850m).
After breakfast in Marrakech, pick up & drive towards the high Atlas Mountains via Tahnnaout, Oued Ghighaya & Asni, enjoy the stunning view of the villages along the valet. Arrival to Imlil (65km from Marrakech), meet the guide & multeer andthen start the trek & climb Tizi Mzik pass (2684m), spectacular view over Imlil valley & Toubkal Summit, continue to Tamsoulte to visit the highest waterfalls in the Atlas Mountains (100m of hight), down the Azzaden valley through juniper forest to get to Tizi Oussem village. Overnight at the Guest house in the village. 6hrs walking.
Day 2: Tizi Oussem (1850m) – Id Issa village (1800m) – Tizi Oudid (2000m) – Mattat – Agersioual – Marrakech
After breakfast, enjoy the sunshine on this colorful valley & its marvelous typical Berber villages, leave Tizi Oussem & continue down to Id Issa village, before heading up to Tizi Oudid mountain pass (2000m), cross matat village after a wild thurifer juniper forest, get lunch under walnut groves and relax near the river. On the afternoon transfer back to Marrakech ( arrive approx 17h) 5hrs
Price: from 120 € / person.
- English speaking guide.
- All meals.
- Berber House.
- Mule to carry your staff.
- Transfer from & to Marrakech.
- Travel insurance
- Own Expenses
Before To Go!
- To do this trek, you should be in good physical conditions, but efforts will be rewarded.
- Good walking shoes are mandatory, Sleeping bag.
- To confirm this Trek you need a deposit of 15% before you start and 85% at the start time.
- Payment: Cash
Duration: 2 days of walking.
Period: from March to November
Travel: on foot.
Accommodation: Berber House.
Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
Explore Azzaden Valley in Overnight Trek- Berber Villages 2D
Discover azzaden Valley and traditional Berber villages and see Mount Toubkal. Visit the waterfalls of Imlil. Have lunch in the nature.
- Portage: For walkers a small backpack for the day’s belongings. Mules are available for carrying luggage.
- Supervision: By a French speaking Moroccan mountain guide assisted by a cook and muleteers.
- Accommodation: Riad Atlas Imlil, Bivouac in a 2-person tent with mattresses, lodgings during the hike.
- Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
- Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
- Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
List of equipment to bring back: The weight of your luggage must be limited and contain all of your belongings. A flexible travel bag with side openings or a rucksack without frame, do not bring back rigid bags and suitcases.
- The list:
- A sleeping bag (warm for winter)
- A small backpack for the day.
- A pair of light walking shoes that hold the ankle well.
- A spare pair of shoes and a pair of sandals.
- Loose pants for walking
- A sweater or fleece (from October to March) and a lighter one to wear underneath.
- A mountain jacket & waterproof jacket & pant
- A change of clothes.
- A flashlight + spare battery.
- A gourd.
- Sunglasses …
The High Atlas is a Moroccan mountain range oriented south-west/north-east. This range of peaks belongs to the Atlas massif and more precisely, to one of the three elements of the Moroccan Atlas, the other two being the Middle Atlas and the Anti-Atlas.