Jbel Ayachi Discovery 6 days
Detail about the package
Jbel Ayachi Discovery 6 Days
At the top of the Eastern Atlas, is the Jbel Ayachi. Known for the beauty of its landscapes, this mountain range is a walker’s paradise. Consider renting a car during your stay in Morocco to visit this magnificent corner of the kingdom.
Services Not Included:
Marrakech – Beni Mellal – Ait Lahsen – Tourha n’Ait Moussa
Departure towards Fez towards Béni Mellal, fork on the mountain road, lunch in Boumia (grilled meat), continuation to Tounfite on the large plateau of Moulwiya in front of Jebel Ayachi on the north side. Last races before arriving at the camp which will be set up far from the town of Tounfite, at the confluence of the rivers Ait Lahsen, Asengmir and Tourha n’Ait Moussa (1820m), near the Djbel Maaskar snow-covered in winter (3200m). 9h drive.
Jbel Ayachi Discovery
Maps & Informations
- Portage: For walkers a small backpack for the day’s belongings. Mules are available for carrying luggage.
- Supervision: By a French speaking Moroccan mountain guide assisted by a cook and muleteers.
- Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
- Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
- Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
Accommodation: Camping and Local Houses
- The list:
- A sleeping bag (warm for winter)
- A small backpack for the day.
- A pair of light walking shoes that hold the ankle well.
- A spare pair of shoes and a pair of sandals.
- Loose pants for walking
- A sweater or fleece (from October to March) and a lighter one to wear underneath.
- A mountain jacket & waterproof jacket & pant
- A change of clothes.
- A flashlight + spare battery.
- A gourd.
- Sunglasses …
- To do this trek, you should be in good physical conditions, but efforts will be rewarded.
- Good walking shoes are mandatory, Sleeping bag.
- To confirm this Trek you need a deposit of 15% before you start and 85% at the start time.
- Payment: Cash