Detail about the package
The Magic of the Middle Atlas Mountains treks 6 Days
The Middle Atlas is a mountainous massif stretching over some 350 km, from the southwest to the northeast of Morocco, located between the Rif and the High Atlas, and covering a total area of 2.3 million hectares, or 18% of the surface domain of this country.
It mainly concerns the provinces of Khénifra, Ifrane, Boulmane, Sefrou, El Hajeb and Midelt, as well as part of the provinces of Taza (southern half, northern half belonging to the Rif) and Beni Mellal (northern half, southern half belonging to the High Atlas) – referred to as the “gateway to the Middle Atlas”. Our Trek will take you to discover this magic area or the Alps of Morocco.Th
Services Not Included:
Marrakech or Fez – Khenifra – Lake Tomliline:
Transfer by Khénifra to the village of Aït Nouh, the starting point of our Middle Atlas trek. Meeting with our mule team, lunch on site. In the afternoon, we will cross a small forest and a valley to reach Lake Tomliline. (3h walk). Dinner and overnight in Camp Style.
Maps & Informations
- Portage: For walkers a small backpack for the day’s belongings. Mules or Camels are available for carrying luggage.
- Supervision: By an English speaking Mountain guide assisted by a cook and muleteers.
- Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
- Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
- Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
Accommodation: Camping and Local Houses
- The list:
- A sleeping bag (warm for winter)
- A small backpack for the day.
- A pair of light walking shoes that hold the ankle well.
- A spare pair of shoes and a pair of sandals.
- Loose pants for walking
- A sweater or fleece (from October to March) and a lighter one to wear underneath.
- A mountain jacket & waterproof jacket & pant
- A change of clothes.
- A flashlight + spare battery.
- A gourd.
- Sunglasses …