Moderate Hike to Toubkal Summit
Itinerary Day per Day:
Day 1: Marrakech – Imlil valley (1775m) – Toubkal Hut(3207m)
You can climb Toubkal summit in 2days, only a 1.30hr drive from Marrakech to Imlil valley the starting point of the trek where you will meet you local English speaking guide & cook, start a trek along the mule path & streams crossing the shrine Sidi Chamharouch, continue the walk up to the basecamp. Toubkal climb
Overnight at the Hut.
67km /1.30hr drive from Marrakech.
Day 2: Toubkal Hut (3207m) – Toubkal summit (4167m) – Imlil – Marrakech .
After an early breakfast which will be served around 4 pm. Start a non-technical trek up to the summit following a zigzagging path on a vertical Mountains hill.
then get to the peak after 3hrs walk, enjoy the views over the surrounding. then Have some snacks and then trek back down to the base camp for lunch which may take another 2hrs walk.
Later after lunch walks down all the way back to Imlil valley and the transfer to Marrakech.
Option overnight if you are too exhausted at www.riadatlasimlil.com
Imlil Village, El Haouz – Marrakech , Morocco 42152
- To do this trek, you should be in good physical conditions, but efforts will be rewarded.
- Good walking shoes are mandatory, Sleeping bag.
- To confirm this Trek you need a deposit of 15% before you start and 85% at the start time.
- Payment: Cash
Duration: 5 days of walking.
Period: from March to November
Travel: on foot.
Accommodation: Berber House.
Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
- Portage: For walkers a small backpack for the day’s belongings. Mules are available for carrying luggage.
- Supervision: By a French speaking Moroccan mountain guide assisted by a cook and muleteers.
- Accommodation: Riad Atlas Imlil, Bivouac in a 2-person tent with mattresses, lodgings during the hike.
- Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
- Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
- Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
List of equipment to bring back: The weight of your luggage must be limited and contain all of your belongings. A flexible travel bag with side openings or a rucksack without frame, do not bring back rigid bags and suitcases.
- The list:
- A sleeping bag (warm for winter)
- A small backpack for the day.
- A pair of light walking shoes that hold the ankle well.
- A spare pair of shoes and a pair of sandals.
- Loose pants for walking
- A sweater or fleece (from October to March) and a lighter one to wear underneath.
- A mountain jacket & waterproof jacket & pant
- A change of clothes.
- A flashlight + spare battery.
- A gourd.
- Sunglasses …