Trekking the valley of Aghbar to Amizmiz - 5 days / 4 nights
Detail about the package
Crossing the valley of Aghbar to Amizmiz in 5 days / 4 nights
Jebel Erdouz (3579 m) is a mountain in Marrakech-Tensift-Al Haouz, Morocco (Africa). The Mountain is a foot of elevation above the surrounding area with small summit wedge, steep slopes and local relief of 300m or more. North of the Nfis and the Tizi n’ Test (pass) road from Taroudant to Marrakech lie Igdat (3616m) and Erdouz (3579m), the highest peaks west of the Toubkal massif.
Services Not Included:
Marrakech – Village of Aghbar.
Arrival in Marrakech, transfer immediately towards the valley of Asni Ouirgane Ijoukak oued nfiss Tizi n’Test, passing through souk sabte for arrival at the village of Aghbar Amendal (1897m altitude).
Night at the inhabitant 120 KM from Marrakech
Amdal – Tighzantarast – Igdat Arg.
After breakfast, departure at 8 am from the village and go up through the beautiful wild valley passing by the Tizi N’oumzra pass (3048m above sea level) continuing by the path on the ridge with a beautiful view of the summit of Ouijdannes and the valley and villages of Aghbar, arrival at the top of Igdat (3616m) Picnic and descend by the north face of the summit to reach the village of Arg, meeting with the shepherds, night at the Bivouac (2081m) 8:30 am Market.
Arg Aoudid – Khassat Tachkoucht.
After breakfast, departure through the Tanefguirt valley through the village of Taourirt khssat meeting with the Berber population lunch in the valley still walking to reach Tachakoucht, night bivouac (2100m). 7h30 walk
Tachakoucht – Erdouz summit – Azgour valley.
After breakfast early in the morning by the valley Dighil Aazib Idoughas Taslit go up by the small path towards the summit of Erdouz (3579m) beautiful view of the valley and villages of Amzmiz picnic before descending to the valley of Azgour. night at the bivouac. 8 hours of walking.
Azgour – Marrakech
After breakfast, a light hike in the valley for 3:30 and transfer to Marrakech.
- Lunch at the restaurant on the road.
- English Speaking -Berber guide.
- 4 nights at the Camp.
- Full board during the hike.
- Mules for portage.
- Travel insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips for the local team
- The drinks.
Maps & Informations
- Portage: For walkers a small backpack for the day’s belongings. Mules or Camels are available for carrying luggage.
- Supervision: By a English speaking Moroccan mountain guide assisted by a cook and muleteers.
- Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
- Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
- Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
Accommodation: Camping and Local Houses
- The list:
- A sleeping bag (warm for winter)
- A small backpack for the day.
- A pair of light walking shoes that hold the ankle well.
- A spare pair of shoes and a pair of sandals.
- Loose pants for walking
- A sweater or fleece (from October to March) and a lighter one to wear underneath.
- A mountain jacket & waterproof jacket & pant
- A change of clothes.
- A flashlight + spare battery.
- A gourd.
- Sunglasses …
- To do this trek, you should be in good physical conditions, but efforts will be rewarded.
- Good walking shoes are mandatory, Sleeping bag.
- To confirm this Trek you need a deposit of 15% before you start and 85% at the start time.
- Payment: Cash