Visit Imperial Cities in 8 Days / 7 Nights
Detail about the package
Imperial cities Morocco tour from Marrakech, An 8-day tour in Morocco that will take you back in time. From Marrakech via Casablanca, Rabat, Meknes and Fez, then to the Moroccan desert.
Services Not Included:
On your arrival at Marrakech airport, you will be picked up by our team and taken to the hotel or riad. Dinner and overnight.
MARRAKECH – CASABLANCA – RABAT
After breakfast, departure for Casablanca via Settat the economic capital of Echaouia. Visit of the economic metropolis of Morocco: The place of the united nations, Anfa and finally, the road of the cornice lets discover between sky, land and sea the Hassan II Mosque, architectural jewel of the Muslim faith (external visit). Fish lunch. In the afternoon, continue to Rabat. Visit of the administrative capital of the Kingdom: The Royal Palace, The Hassan Tower, the most famous monument of the city and symbol of the Almohad dynasty, the prestigious Mohamed V Mausoleum decorated with marble, carved cedar, gilt bronze chandelier and of white onyx. Installation at the hotel. Dinner and accommodation.
RABAT – MEKNES – FES
Departure from Rabat for the holy city of Moulay Idriss (first sultan of Morocco) and then Meknes, the “Moroccan Versailles”. Founded at the end of the 17th century, the city is surrounded by a triple wall of 40 km and formed of two agglomerations: the Medina, which has the most beautiful gate in Morocco, Bab El Mansour, and, on the other side, the new and modern city. After the visit, you will continue to Fez. Dinner and overnight at hotel in the riad.
FES ( Local Visit)
Day dedicated to the “spiritual capital” of Morocco. You will discover the largest and certainly one of the most beautiful of the ancient Koranic universities, the Medersa Attarine, as well as the Place Nejjarine famous for its magnificent fountain decorated with mosaics, zelliges and stucco. Lunch in an old palace in the medina. In the afternoon, stroll on the esplanade of the Royal Palace, where you can photograph the sumptuous golden door, and visit the remains of the Tombs of the Merinides (dynasty of the 13th-14th century). You will enjoy the bird’s eye view of the city, its ramparts and the surrounding landscape, before ending your journey with a visit to leather and carpet factories. Dinner and overnight at hotel or riad.
FES – MIDELT – MERZOUGA
Departure from FES to IFRANE. Crossing the High Atlas by AZROU and crossing the largest cedar forest in northern Africa. Then the MIDELT pass, after you cross the ERRACHIDIA dam, the magnificent panorama of the ZIZ valley, crossing the town of ERFOUD. Then you will take the track to reach the Dunes of L’ERG CHEBBI. On the back of a camel you will reach the camp (in nomad tents) in the middle of the desert and enjoy the sunset over the immensity of the dunes. Night at the bivouac in the desert at the foot of the dunes.
MERZOUGA – TINGHIR – OUARZAZATE
You go up to the High Atlas to reach the famous Todgha Gorges, with their sheer cliffs 250 m high, and Tinghir. And then you cross the Dades Gorges and take the famous “road of a thousand Kasbahs”, along the valley of roses dotted with earthen architecture, which leads you to the palm grove of Skoura and Ouarzazate, the city of cinema. Dinner and overnight at hotel or Riad.
OUARZAZATE – MARRAKECH
You return to Marrakech via the Tichka pass and the laurel route. Visit of the medina. As the sun sets on the famous Djemaa el Fna Square, also classified as a World Heritage Site, acrobats, snake charmers, storytellers, musicians, etc., are busy entertaining you. A unique time to penetrate the soul of Marrakech. Dinner and overnight at hotel or riad.
Depending on the time of departure. Transfer to the airport and assistance until boarding.
Maps & Informations
- Portage: For walkers a small backpack for the day’s belongings. Mules are available for carrying luggage.
- Supervision: By a French speaking Moroccan mountain guide assisted by a cook and muleteers.
- Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
- Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
- Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
Accommodation: Riad Atlas Imlil, Bivouac in a 2-person tent with mattresses, lodgings during the hike.
- The list:
- A sleeping bag (warm for winter)
- A small backpack for the day.
- A pair of light walking shoes that hold the ankle well.
- A spare pair of shoes and a pair of sandals.
- Loose pants for walking
- A sweater or fleece (from October to March) and a lighter one to wear underneath.
- A mountain jacket & waterproof jacket & pant
- A change of clothes.
- A flashlight + spare battery.
- A gourd.
- Sunglasses …
- To do this trek, you should be in good physical conditions, but efforts will be rewarded.
- Good walking shoes are mandatory, Sleeping bag.
- To confirm this Trek you need a deposit of 15% before you start and 85% at the start time.
- Payment: Cash