Detail about the package
Take this 4-day private tour in the Merzouga Desert and enjoy VIP treatment. Your own team, fully qualified and accredited, will allow you to discover Merzouga in the best possible way.
Services Not Included:
Fez – Ifrane – cedar forest – Midelt – Ziz Valley – Erfoud
Today departure from Fez to Erfoud, En route, you will pass through a picturesque cedar forest to the mining town of Midelto a stop for lunch is planned. Later, this journey continues through the Ziz Valley which is particularly well known for its palm trees and the length of the oasis. Then, all along the road you will appreciate countless ksours, small villages of individual houses. Finally, From there we come to Erfoud, famous for its festival of dates and fossils.
You will arrive at your final destination of Erfoud. Dinner and overnight at a Kasbah hotel.
Erfoud – Rissani- Merzouga – Erg Chebbi Dunes
Start your Saharan journey from Erfoud with a visit to a nomadic village, and a lunch break in a Kasbah hotel in the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi. You will have a relaxing time at the pool before the next part of your adventure. You will walk or ride camel on the sands. a beautiful sunset will be waiting for you. As night falls, listen to the rhythm of drums, music and songs. A Moroccan-style dinner will be served before sleeping under the stars in your private Berber tent.
Erg Chebbi – Todra Gorge – Dades Gorges
Your day starts early with a picturesque sunrise before enjoying a special breakfast, you will continue your journey to the Todra Gorge. Also, this area has long been a popular place for Hollywood movies like The Last Temptation of Christ and Jewel of the Nile. We arrive at the Todra Gorge where the water sources flow between the rocks and enjoy an exceptional natural beauty. An exploratory walk in the Todra Gorge with its high walls and rocks surrounding you. We continue through the Dades Valley.
Dinner and overnight at a Kasbah hotel.
Day 4: Dades Gorge – Rose Valley – Ouarzazate – Ait Benhdaou – Marrakech
Today, after breakfast we will begin with a walk through the Dades Valley and the Roses Valley offering many opportunities to take your best photographic shots of the trip both in the valley, famous for its roses. We will stop at KalaaMgouna, “The Pink City”, to buy rose water, which will make your laundry smell a long time after your trip is over. Continue to Skoura to visit the Kasbah Ameridil. The tour continues to Ouarzazate, the Hollywood of Africa, whose geography and beautiful scenery have attracted many world-class film producers.
Here you can choose to visit the studios. There where some of the famous movies have been filmed as The Mummy and Gladiator. We will pass by Ait Ben Haddou, a heritage of UNESCO. After that, we will begin to cross the High Atlas Mountains with many panoramic views and attractive Berber villages to reach Marrakech in the late afternoon.
Maps & Informations
- Portage: For walkers a small backpack for the day’s belongings. Mules are available for carrying luggage.
- Supervision: By a French speaking Moroccan mountain guide assisted by a cook and muleteers.
- Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
- Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
- Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
Accommodation: Riad Atlas Imlil, Bivouac in a 2-person tent with mattresses, lodgings during the hike.
- The list:
- A sleeping bag (warm for winter)
- A small backpack for the day.
- A pair of light walking shoes that hold the ankle well.
- A spare pair of shoes and a pair of sandals.
- Loose pants for walking
- A sweater or fleece (from October to March) and a lighter one to wear underneath.
- A mountain jacket & waterproof jacket & pant
- A change of clothes.
- A flashlight + spare battery.
- A gourd.
- Sunglasses …
- To do this trek, you should be in good physical conditions, but efforts will be rewarded.
- Good walking shoes are mandatory, Sleeping bag.
- To confirm this Trek you need a deposit of 15% before you start and 85% at the start time.
- Payment: Cash