Overnight Camel Trekking Atlas Mountain
Detail about the package
Morocco, country of contraste, by his diversify relief, it offer all kind of trek, camel, mule, horse. The camel ride, very beautiful, can support many hours, also can go in the trek path in the high valleys more than 1400m. We will lead you to discover the authenticity, beautiful countrysides, and the local people.
Services Not Included:
Marrakech – Talat Marghen – Tizi N Sekt 1550m – Moulay Brahim – Asni
Pick up from Marrakech at 9.00 am, 1hour drive to Talat Marghen Berber village in Tahnaout area. You will meet the camel man and start the camel ride. You cross the Amanar Forest with a nice view over Tahnaout Town and Moulay Brahim gorges, as well as the Atlas Mountains range from Tizi N Sekt. lunch in the Moulay Brahim and take a break, After you have more camel riding to the Asni village and visit the Berber villages, Arrive to the Guest House for the Overnight. 5Hours on Camels
Asni – Amassin – Tizi Ouaddou – Tadart N Kik
Today, Wake up at 8.30 am, just after breakfast, start your 2nd day camel ride through different landscape & scenery, cross the Asni valley to reach the Amassin village, take the nice pictures of the green valley with the apples farms, in the middle of the path you get lunch. Arrive to the authentic Berber village of Tizi Ouaddou at the Edge of a wide plateau!! With fantastic panorama of the surrounding High Atlas Mountains. After 30 mn you will arrive to the Kik Plateau. Than meet the Car to go back to Marrakech at the end of the day.
Finally! This itinerary could change it on the spot before you start your hike
Maps & Informations
- Portage: For walkers a small backpack for the day’s belongings. Mules are available for carrying luggage.
- Supervision: By a French speaking Moroccan mountain guide assisted by a cook and muleteers.
- Meals: typical Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous, …). Fresh products and complementary preserves, meat bought in the mountains. Picnic or salads at noon, hot and cooked meal in the evening.
- Climate: dry and hot in spring, cold at night in winter. Thunderstorm possible
- Supervision: Berber guide speaking French and English, cook, mule drivers.
Accommodation: Riad Atlas Imlil, Bivouac in a 2-person tent with mattresses, lodgings during the hike.
- The list:
- A sleeping bag (warm for winter)
- A small backpack for the day.
- A pair of light walking shoes that hold the ankle well.
- A spare pair of shoes and a pair of sandals.
- Loose pants for walking
- A sweater or fleece (from October to March) and a lighter one to wear underneath.
- A mountain jacket & waterproof jacket & pant
- A change of clothes.
- A flashlight + spare battery.
- A gourd.
- Sunglasses …
- To do this trek, you should be in good physical conditions, but efforts will be rewarded.
- Good walking shoes are mandatory, Sleeping bag.
- To confirm this Trek you need a deposit of 15% before you start and 85% at the start time.
- Payment: Cash